Saturday, September 25, 2010

New Life

This last year has been super rough for us as a family. As it has been for many other families out there. Trying to figure out expenses and life in general. Jordan was working for Kopter Krazy for a while and it just wasn't getting us anywhere. It was pretty much commission and since people just don't buy much of that stuff except for around the holidays, Jordan's commission wasn't all that great. He was browsing the internet for a second or all new job and stumbled across an add for CDL licensing and schooling. Long story short a company charged him $250 just to turn in his app to the actual school and then had to pay registration fees on top of that for the school he actually attended. So four weeks later we are out $250 dollars, spent quite a bit of money on getting him to SLC, registration fees and food money. We are so very grateful for the help we received from family members during that time

It is never easy starting a new career especially when you are unable to prepare for it due to income and time. But we are making it. Jordan has his CDL and started driving this week. He took his first load to Portland and different loads around this side of the US. On Wednesday he had a load into Idaho Falls and was able to spend the night at home. It was very nice to have him in for a night. We went and walked the mall to get Christmas ideas (I can't believe how fast it is sneaking up!). And went and had a cheap little dinner at the Evergreen. I started eating healthy and was going to make dinner using turkey burger and Jordan was not going to have anything to do with it.

Last night when I talked to him he was taking a load to Georgia and had another short load before having to make it to Texas on Sunday. So they are keeping him pretty busy. His trainer is an older woman who is married and both her and her husband are swingers! Jordan said all she does is talk about her boyfriends in different states. Kinda funny. She is a smoker and Jordan is having a hard time dealing with all the smoke. He used to be a smoker up until the week he met me and quit cold turkey, I told him I hated smokers when we first met I had no idea he was one. LOL. So he is having a hard time breathing, being cooped up in a truck 24/7 inhaling all that smoke.

My dads girlfriend went back to Mexico after being here for six years after the year my mom died. I am kind of frustrated with this because she turned my whole world upside down by moving in to my house and changing everything. And then she just decides to up and leave. I am sure she has her reasons but I hate that she pretty much mooched off my dad while she was here just to leave him heartbroken and lonely. He has been here every night since Sunday because he is scared to be alone. I feel bad for him but at the same time I have my own life too. It is so frustrating seeing your parents get old and need your help. I wish I could help him more but I am facing a rough time in my own life as well. He keeps insisting that I move home with him since Jordan is out on the road so much. I CANNOT do that and he does not understand. I have a job and a home of my own. Kemper needs some normality since daddy is gone so much and being here in his own home is the best thing I can do for him.

Today was free day at the Tautphaus Park Zoo. I did my Saturday chores and Kemper and I enjoyed a nice afternoon at the zoo. The tiger was roaring and it really got Kemper's attention until the guy with the continuous snap camera stood next to us. I think Kemper was trying to figure out what the noise was and why he was holding that big funny looking thing to his face. LOL it sure was a fun time for us. I enjoy getting out of the house every now and then and spending time with my little guy.

When I dropped Kemper off at daycare on Friday he immediately went to all the girls and gave each one a hug with the biggest smile on his face. All the girls were squealing and all the boys were saying "hey it's Kemper" like he was the cool kid or something. I was like oh my heck my 18 month old already has girls freaking out over him and he is the cool kid! It was a very scary moment for me, but also a good one, at least I will know he won't be that kid getting picked on or made fun of in school!

We are hoping to get to see daddy this coming week. It is so hard getting used to being a truckers wife but I will do it. I will keep you updated on how well this is going for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment